If you’re a beginner or new to motorhome travel, the idea of packing for your first trip can be a little daunting. What do you need to bring with you? What should you leave behind? Don’t worry, we’re here to help! In this blog post, we’ll give you our tips on what to pack for your first motorhome trip. So sit back, relax, and get ready to hit the open road with our Motorhome tips for beginners.
Packing the Motorhome Essentials
First and foremost, there are some essentials that you’ll always need for your motorhome trips. These are the things that you are likely to take away with you on every single trip and some of these things we tend to leave in our motorhome even when not in use. Here’s a handy list for you:
- Gas bottles (we’ve switched from Calor and use refillable Safefill bottles)
- Bedding, pillows, blankets for those colder nights
- Towels, hand towels and flannels
- Cutlery, plates, dishes and cookware
- Kettle (we use a whistle kettle in case we don’t have electric hook up)
- A basic tool kit to fix things
- Spare light bulbs, fuses and some electrical tape
Camping Accessories for the Motorhome
The next things you want to consider packing are the camping accessories you might need when away on your trips. Again, if you have a large storage area and these items are not of a super high value, then again you could leave these in your motorhome when not in use. These are the kind of things that you might not necessarily need on every single trip but they can certainly make life on the road a lot more comfortable! Here’s a list for you:
- Camping chairs (we use some collapsable ones)
- Folding outdoor camping table
- Levelling ramps (we use Milenco triple ramps)
- Mud mats (just in case you park on wet grass)
- Outdoor cooking appliance (we use a Cadac Cook 2 Pro)
Electronics and Gadgets for the Motorhome
On top of the essentials, there are also a few electronics and gadgets you might find useful for your motorhome adventures. These are definitely not essential but some of them will make your life easier.
- Battery fans (useful for the hot summer months)
- Phone, tablet and device charging cables
- Small 12v security camera (we use Neos cam)
Safety and Security in the Motorhome
Finally, you also want to consider packing some items for safety and security in the motorhome. Some of these are especially important if you’re travelling with young children.
- First aid kit (You never know when you might need it)
- Fire extinguisher
- Smoke alarm
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Security camera (as mentioned above)
- Steering lock
So there you have it, our motorhome packing list and tips for beginners! We hope this has been helpful and gives you a good starting point for your own motorhome packing. Remember, every trip is different so you might not need everything on this list every time but it’s always better to be safe than sorry!